Feb 8, 2022

Ponderings

You might have noticed that my hobby output has decreased over the past few months. This is due to a number of reasons: first, doing finals for my law degree, then purchasing a new home with my wife, then doing a complete re-decoration (imagine buying a used miniature with 13 layers of baked-on paint and trying to strip it, and now imagine that the figure is a bedroom and the 13 layers are wallpaper... some people you just can't do with). All in all, the hobby is kind of sidelined, but not at all forgotten, I just had to learn to manage my time better.

During the move, I got rid of almost all of my figure collection. The new flat is small and an acceptable storage facility is yet to be found. I currently own one of those large Ikea bureaus that can hold my tools and building materials, and I'll get some shelves later for my books. So it is time to gather things again, which is actually great. On the plus side, I've found my 1/72 WW1 collection that was stashed away.

Currently I'm trying to wargame on the cheap, so I kicked off my 1/1000 scale Trashy Fleets project again and built a Victorian pre-dreadnought battleship; also, the IJN Kongo had a bit of paint and post-move repairs done. Some cheap painted wooden blocks were purchased for gaming purposes, and I've tinkered some with my rules. Once published, I'll put up a notification here as well.

Thank you for keeping up in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment