Jul 4, 2021

WIP - Jazygian 'Kontot Kombatot' G-93 tankette

 


The problem with vehicles that come with toy soldier sets is twofold: they are usually way too tiny compared to the army men, and they completely lack functionality.

To solve both of these problems, the Jazygian Armed Forces developed this rather handsome vehicle, basically a cardboard box on tracks, which can house two or three crew members and can lead the Jazygian spearhead into enemy territory.

The R&D process was relatively trouble free. I took a piece of cardboard, drew the shape of the hull, cut it out, scored and glued it together. The front mantle received a piece of strengthening stainless steel, and one of the windows were cut out to house a HMG or a 3pdr anti-tank gun (sold separately, also known as a piece of 2mm copper rod with a counterweight). There are going to be experiments with bolting a mortar to the underside as well. I covered the edges with strips of paper to make painting easier and protect them somewhat. The tracks were placed under the hull, otherwise it would have been too wide, and a pair of 2mm balsa skirts were added.

Once the glue dries, I'll paint it in the traditional Jazygian war colours - green, brown, grey and pink. 

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, this posting slipped under my radar. I have always liked your extempore scratch-builds, and this is no exception. In fact I have no doubt some Jazygian 'imports' (I will make copies) will find their way into Ra'esharn to transport their armoured infantry...

    In general, with Army Men I prefer the vehicles to be somewhat underscale, but the practicalities of troop transportation will probably override that.

    Fine work indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is a very useful vehicle, and I think I'm going to make a platoon of three once time permits.

      Delete