Mar 15, 2021

SRKS Tajni Möjem

 


This is the Sjelle Regal Krigskjeppet Tajni Möjem. Sjelle is an independent territory of the Kingdom of Gluteborg-Varangia in my Schultze-Böhnstadt imaginary universe. She sports both the Royal Varangian and the Independent Sjelle ensigns. 

Tajni Möjem is a 26-gun single-deck warship, which might be called a corvette or a ship-rigged sloop of war. She has a shallow draft to traverse the many rocky channels and inlets of the Sjelle Islands. 


The ship's hull is way back from this post; compared to the other ships I have been building, it would simply have been too small for a full-sized frigate of war. But navies need smaller vessels, too, so I made her with an open gundeck. The hull is slim but rather simplistic: it lacks the usual ornamentation of 18th century warships. The sails are made from table cloth, I think, while the ensigns are satin. Every bit is scratchbuilt, including the cannon and the wheel.

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully done András. What scale did this turn out to be? 1/450 like the Revell galley?
    Regards,
    Vol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, please disregard my last question. Reading the next post tells me the scale is likely 1/600. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no fixed scale to it really, originally the hull was meant to be a 32-gun 5th rate in 1/500, but my other plastic models are way too large compared to that.

      Delete
    2. Oh, ok thank you. I was just trying to get a visual on the size in my head. Again, really brilliant work.

      Delete