Apr 29, 2024

First unit for the Italian Wars


This is sort of a refurbishment, as I had these four Perry men-at-arms from a previous collection, most of which I sold. All they needed was a new base and some touching up, including a layer of clearcoat.

They will join the Imperialist forces in the Italian Wars, being just a little bit out of date for the latter part of the conflict.

I have a large Italian Wars project in mind, with about 450 figures per side, with 120x120mm pike bases and 120x60mm for everything else - these are the first few to test the concept.



I also borrowed my wife's iPhone camera which makes a lot better pictures, and used a turntable to move the figures around.



Everything looks good so far, now on to the other 896 figures!



I know the lance should not have an attacged pennon but I don't think one could have enough vexillology for the period.

4 comments:

  1. A good start to the project but another 896 to go? My goodness me, best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, it might take a few years to first buy and then paint those figs. And of course I've got other projects running simultaneously.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice, new project, Andrew. Comforting to know others like yourself have sold off collections too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dean - it's easier to carry cash during a move than hundreds of figures!

      Delete