Apr 21, 2021

The Good News, and the Bad.


I've spent some time updating the sprites for my virtual 'Arborleone's Little Wars' gaming surface. This included creating some Russian and Spanish unit tokens, and making every item's background transparent, so I can see what sort of terrain they are traversing. 

I decided that the scenario trove on the Commands & Colours: Napoleonics website should provide source material for the next playtest, and I selected the engagement at Schöngrabern / Hollabrunn as an interesting, seemingly one-sided scenario. On the picture above, Bagration had already taken over the lead, beaten off a strong French attack on the Russian right, and is about to counter-attack with his reserve cavalry. What cannot be seen is that Murat is already bringing up his reserve foot to deliver a final blow...

This was the good part, I could get some gaming time in my schedule. Whenever the circumstances permitted, I played a few turns of Schöngrabern, then I was off to do other more imporant business. Or at least until my PCR test turned out positive. Yes, I caught The Disease, so I'm on sick leave until who knows when. It's not bad, like a mild cold combined with the loss of my smelling ability, but not too good either. So stay safe if you can.

2 comments: