Feb 17, 2019

Inventory & Competition Results

I managed to make an almost complete inventory but had to go by memory at some places. All the figures presented here are stashed at a known location and are accounted for. So prepare to be shocked just a little bit.

I've made the Google spreadsheet available to read for everyone who's interested. There may of course be some minor miscalculations but I can say it's about 95% accurate. 

1/72 scale - total items 5465, out of which 20 are vehicles and 66 artillery pieces, resulting in, by my calculations, 5379 foot and mounted figures (horses not counted separately). 
Manufacturer with the largest # is Zvezda with figures in multiple periods.
The largest part of the collection is for the Napoleonic Wars. 

6mm scale - 2617 items, artillery pieces and crews counted separately. 
Manufacturer with the largest # is Baccus,
The figures are almost exclusively for the SYW/GNW period.

28mm scale - total items 419, all of which are figures. There is only about for dozen mounted ones.
Manufacturer with the largest # is Perry.
Again, almost all of the pieces are for the Renaissance/Landsknechts period.

15mm scale - 394 items, 310 of which are figures, the rest are WW2 materiel. 
Manufacturer with the largest # is Plastic Soldier Company.
Almost all of these except a few ECW/SYW figures are WW2 era.

I have 152 ships and boats in various scales, most of it scratchbuilt, and the largest chunk is 1/2000 early dreadnoughts and pre-dreadnoughts.

This then means that the total numbers are:
9047 total items
8895 non-naval oriented items
~8725 figures

There were 5 entries to the competition and most of you aimed quite low, which I appreciate because then you can't tell how compulsive my buying habits are. But you also must consider that I've been collecting for 7 or so years now and rarely ever sold or given away a thing. The fact that most of you underestimated the total number also means that the highest bidders win the game :)

Patrick Phillips and Paul of Paul's Bods were quite close to each other in their guesses so I'm sending gifts for the both of you. You can browse the figure catalogue and if you find something of interest we can discuss it. I'm also willing to give away gift cards for any figure maker of good reputation. Please contact me at randomncreativeblog at gmail dot com with your wishes. Fair warning - I might have to delay sending out any package until the end of the month depending on my work schedule, but hey, it's free stuff, don't worry about it. 

Here's just a few things I am more than willing to part with and might get you an idea:
  • 15mm Churchill and Cromwell tanks
  • HäT Carthaginian war elephants, the howdah might be missing
  • HäT 1813 Prussian Jäger
  • Any A Call to Arms ECW figures that I own, painted and based on 40x40mm bases
  • A sprue (6 figs) of Perry Foot Men-at-Arms
  • An assortment (up to 6-8 figs) of painted Gripping Beast 28mm Dark Age plastics


PS I have to work out a labeling system to tell how much of the collection is complete, but I can tell that I only have two drawers and one shelf of unpainted figures and over 3 large shelves and 16+ drawers of painted ones.

4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, you really put our feeble guesses to shame! Your catalog is truly epic, and makes my collection look puny. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating Patrick! It only takes the larger part of a decade to get this many figures :D

      Delete
  2. Ah well, I was not even close. Was fun though.

    ReplyDelete