Jul 15, 2024

Steel Fist Knights and some Old Friends


A while back I ordered eight lance-armed knights from Steel Fist - a rather hefty amount of white metal if you ask me! 
I finally got to finish the first unit - the basing is for my own games, in which pikeblocks are on 120x120mm bases and every other troop type on 60x120mm to accommodate the figures well and have enough blank space for mini dioramas.

As the Perrys I finished earlier joined the Imperial side, I chose these to be French men-at-arms, but generally just went with over the top colours and a moderate amount of white armor.



The figures are excellent, although they gave me some pain during assembly. All's well that ends well though. The upper length of the lances was replaced with Perry plastic pieces, because the white metal ones bent and broke way too easily.



I also found four of the eight Artizan doppelsöldners I bought in 2012(!) and repainted the first pair. I replaced their weapons as well.

 

6 comments: