Jul 10, 2024

Frostgrave Crewmen Conversions


Mention was made of these fellows before, the North Star plastic figures box for Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago. With some kitbashing work, the figures work just fine as 17th century unarmored bods, highwaymen, robbers or other rabble characters. They are also good for pirate skirmishes - I experimented a bit with making a planked base and a dirt base for each figure, but it did not really work that well.

Now the figures are a bit stocky and there are large mold lines to remove, but they are at a decent price and can be purchased from within the EU (this box is from Fireforge Games).

Warlord plastic and Bloody Miniatures metal accessories were used to create this first group (the rest will mostly include Arabic/Berber types so less conversion work is required). I included explanations for each figure on the picture below:


Now that I have Blue Stuff at my disposal, I can also make resin copies of various headgear I can use with other figs, mostly big hats and morions from the Warlord figures which are destined to arrive soon.

4 comments:

  1. Like these a lot. Could be a useful set for my Witchfinder world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, very probably you could find a use for them!

      Delete
  2. I first thought that they were pirates! Fantastic painted figures!
    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter, they sort of are (or at least can be used as such).

      Delete