May 12, 2023

Reaper Monstas


I wished to include my significant other in some games, and it turned out she prefers skirmishes with larger figures, so I sort of went and stocked up on 28mm ones, which is rater unusual for me, being a 1/72 (or smaller scale) enthusiast.

Here's the first lot, four bods, made by Reaper and ordered from Fantasywelten: a pair of weeping angels, a wraith thingy and the (so be it) Yeti. They all painted up nicely and will be useful for our games.

The angels were the easiest to paint, I placed them on washers and after some inks and grey drybrushes they just looked the part. No issue with the paint sticking to the resin.

The wraith I coated in a glossy varnish to protect the resin from UV rays.

The Yeti is a fun sculpt, it also has an integral base that I painted up to look like snow. I would usually use baking soda for the snow, but there was none to be found, so I used some decorative white sand instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment