Apr 17, 2020

Revell 1/1200 USS Missouri Restoration


As I've mentioned earlier, I have a stash of 1/1200 scale WW2 era ships that I should be refurbishing. These include a diecast Yamato, and a Revell Missouri, Bismarck and Enterprise. I started with this one for no particular reason.

First I cleaned all the dust off the upper part, then sanded the bottom because it was glued to a paper painting stand and thus the flat bottom was not level with the base all the way. Then I took off the secondary turrets, cut their barrels and replaced them with broom bristles. They were also turned outwards, which is a hazard when handling the ship as they are quite brittle, so I turned the turrets facing the direction of travel. I did not bother doing the same with the main armament, it looks cool as it is. 

The base will entirely be made of wood this time, no fussing about with toilet paper. You can see the beginnings on the image. 

The next step is to shape the base and start painting the ship properly. I'll need to do something about the broken seaplane catapult though.

No comments:

Post a Comment