Apr 26, 2020

1/2000 Sailing Ships


Something a little bit different from WW1-era ships, these are small scratchbuilt vessels that I intend to use for my Schultze-Böhnstadt ImagiNations. On the above image a Tekirdagian pirate fleet comprised of a xibec, three galleys and two galiots.


And this is the allied anti-piracy squadron made up of the Böhnstadt frigates Jagdhund and Schweinhund, and the Armagnac 74-gun ships of the line Piété and Humilité.

The hulls are a balsa composite of 1mm and 2mm sheets, the sails are paper and bamboo, the rigging is made of brush bristles. At 1/2000, these medium-sized ships of the line reach a bit over 2cm, and most of them are based on 15mm by 40mm bases. They are very simple to assemble and paint, look great from a distance, and are a lot cheaper than 1/2400 metal models.

I left enough space on the base so that small markers could fit. I have three rule sets that I will be able to use with them: Kiss Me Hardy, Fighting Sail and Galleys&Galleons, and I think all of them use some sort of marker or another.

2 comments: