With a running 'virtual' campaign, my focus turned on the various irregular elements of 18th century armies. To keep up with the topic, I quickly made up two 10-figure horse Freikorps units from the spares I had. This also served as practice as I had not painted 6mm troopers for a good while now!
I used British dragoons for the first (Freikorps Bauschmertzen) and French hussards for the second (Freikorps Puttenfrott) group.
I used a white primer, dunked in a chocolate brown glaze, a flat earth drybrush, then just picked up the raised surfaces with one or two layers of base color. I think it worked pretty well.