New things around, first of all a new, entirely black backdrop. Some movement trays too - more is to come. These trays are for my homebrew ruleset A Risk to Take and can hold a d6 and up to 8 troopers.
There are 40-some figures in the box, I did not paint the mounted commander. Instead of a quickshade I used the Vallejo Sepia wash. Quick and dirty but it seems to be working. The figures were really bad to work with (something PSR doesn't consider very often): the plastic did not take the undercoat well, bent and there were a lot of flash and mould lines. This is the situation with many old moulds. Still the pack of soldiers cost a half of a Zvezda box (because they are apparently worth as much as large their container is).
So these are 40 soldiers altogether (I found four after I finished the first batch and thus I could make 5x 8-men units).
Besides making more trays myself, part of my September expenses will be another box of Italeri/Esci Nappie Russians and plenty enough movement trays to play ARTT in a JCW/JWI setting.
Tomorrow is the 2nd birthday of this blog so I'm off drinking juice.