Jun 2, 2020

España and Friends


I know there were only three of these, but being such a compact and useful (cough cough) design, I thought I could just make a fourth. So here I present the Spanish España-class dreadnoughts in all their might.

Working on them was not really an issue, quite straightforward designs. Their fighting ability is, however, severely limited, so I thought that my Spaniard-esque Imagi-Nation should include the stronger dreadnoughts ordered and/or completed by the South American navies as well. 

Their other purpose is that the Quisobian naval expansion, being rather close to Friegland, can prompt the development of better dreadnought designs. You could see the Nassaus in the previous post, and sooner or later all other dreadnought classes of the Imperial German Navy should join them, beginning with the Helgoland-class, a.k.a. the actually not that useles hexapodal arrangement.


I have included the "realistic" mode in my naval rules when reading up on these ships and early RN dreadnought classes. Players should choose if "realistic" firing arcs include doing damage to the firing ship, like the Españas could have done, had they used their center turrets to shoot across the deck. (This means that a Nassau's or Helgoland's eight-gun broadside is still heavier than the España's six.)

No comments:

Post a Comment