Jun 3, 2020

6mm Terrain


I thought I could use a few more compact terrain pieces, so I did some tinkering with available stuff.

On the left, you can see a bunch of pine trees re-based, two sets on MDF and one on a CD. Although the trees are more distant than they could be, I think the varied terrain adds a touch of reality. There is also a set of rocks covered in vines and flock on the extreme left. The rocks are corkboard, and there are pebbles, branches and dried tea filter stuffing on the bases. 

In the center, I used the same basing technique with home-made trees. The trunks are twisted wires, and they are dipped in the same spongy flocking material. I do sort of lack non-coniferous trees, but the test worked well, so I might make some more. I think rounding down the edges of the MDF base, in support of irregular shapes, is also a nice touch.

The two hills are made from insulation foam that I grabbed at a construction site, they would have thrown it out anyway.

A small fortress in the middle of a lake and a small town are also in the making, both will be based on CDs (I also have an abundance of those, and they are quite practical).

No comments:

Post a Comment