Mar 30, 2020

MNF Bretagne WIP #4


Continuing with the superstructure, I've added the rails (made from cardstock or something similar I've found lying around) and the dissected tripod mast. You can see the final version of the gun director platform as well.


This is how she looks mostly assembled, sans boats and turrets.





This could have been the base, but I was not satisfied with it, so I've made another version with foamcore. You can search "water effects with toilet paper" on youtube if you would like to learn more about this method, I'm just not brave enough to experiment with hot epoxy resin yet.


A grey primer and dark grey undercoat on the sooty parts of the hull. This temporary stand has two pegs attached, for which I drill little holes in the body of the ship. Some left-out details are added at this stage.


The turrets are a bit easier to do, with more highlights on the barrels and the rangefinder, the rest is a very thinned down black-grey.

I haven't made any more WIP photos while painting the rest, so the full report should be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment