Mar 25, 2020

MNF Bretagne WIP #2


Since the last time, I've completed the turrets, with the second one having a range finder as well. I'll paint these separately to the dark grey colour visible on period photos. The barrels are from oars on a Revell Spanish Galeon, at their end there is a tiny piece suitable for a blast bag.

I've continued shaping the hull as well, adding the third tier of deck and turret rings. The bow is more or less complete, and the details for the secondary battery have been carved out, this needs a bit more sanding. I'll add the cabin windows when the painting is done, with a punch, something like a pinhead dipped in black paint. Once the stacks are complete and the secondary gun barrels are drilled and glued in, I can move on to the superstructure.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I have all the necessary tools and materials around, but neither my patience nor my skills would ever approach what you're doing!

    Best regards,
    Chris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, thank you very much for your kind comment.

      Delete