Aug 5, 2019

SMS Viribus Unitis WIP #2


Working on the two main pieces of the hull, I finally chose to omit the top 1mm deck because then the hull would be too tall.





A little while of sanding later, this is the sawdust I got.


I've finally finished the upper hull with the casemate battery, then glued and clamped the two pieces together. At this time I noticed that I cut the holes for the casemate battery the wrong way, four guns would point backward and two to the front. Once the glue is set I'm going to remedy this with just cutting out the entire section and making an insert. Perhaps there is a way I can complete it outside of the hull in a single piece, which would save a lot of hassle.

The bottom half now requires some more sanding, after which I'll apply the wood filler and see what I can make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment