Dec 15, 2017

Prepping for Christmas


On the Schultze-Böhnstadt blog I talked about purchasing the re-issue of the Revell SYW figures. These are now sold in combined big boxes, as "Austrian and Prussian infantry", and "Austrian dragoons and Prussian hussars". Quite the bang for the buck, even if the figures themselves leave a lot to be desired. This is almost two hundred infantry and thirty-odd cavalry for about £35. 

I did not want to wait until I'd find them under the tree, so I started cutting the figures off their sprues and trimming the flash, of which there is a lot. I do already wonder how this project will turn out in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. I rather liked the Revell 7YW figures. They paint up well. Although not all my 7YW armies are Revell, they do make up quite a large proportion of them. Probably my favourites are the dragoons - very fine figures, painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the dragoons better than the foot - I think as a unit they will look rather nice. Most of the problems with this issue are really about using old moulds resulting in a lot of flash and seams.

      Delete