I still have a large chunk of greenstuff although I have ordered another 12" on ebay this week. The output is really a matter of practice - I have some methods that work and some that need a lot of change. These figures are more likely in their intended scale, 1/72, than the previous ones which were closer to 25mm.
What helped was the size of the horses and keeping a Revell horseman close to remind myself of the proportions.
The sculpting started with the legs and saddlery, then the upper body and the weapons/scabbards. Yes, these are the Italeri Roman horses. I have a few more lying around and they will be Croat mounts too.
Once these parts cured I added the left arm, a wire for the right which is more outwards from the body so it needed 'bones', and sculpted the heads separately from the body. I finished the figures just today and the arms and cloaks are still curing. The wire actually broke off the body when I started doing the right arm, lot of swearing involved I fixed it but the figure with the shorter sabre has a really weird hand, which hopefully the paint will fix.
I want to do a smaller TYW campaign during December if my time allows so until then the forces will be filled up. I will sculpt Polish pancerni and European reiters too.