Some unexpected troubles came in the way of the painting progress, oder all things hit at once.
- I forgot the paints I bought in the dorm.
- This is not so devastating, but for the scratchbuilt houses part I'd need the Revell Dark Earth as a generic brown. And the ACtA ECW artillery box has arrived, for which again I'd require a lot of brown especially that I mix the buff colors and whatnot out of it.
- It IS devastating because I can't work on the backdrop for my mini-studio.
- Also the battery recharger thingie is lost so apparently I can't make any photos.
- I came to the conclusion that my knowledge of geometry is dusty to say the least, and I can't count either.
- This involved an above average quantity of cursing while working with plasticard. Plasticard is pricey.
- On the other hand, I figured that a heated scalpel cuts PVC like butter which eases the progress of cutting circular holes to movement trays. This I wouldn't try with cardboard or similar materials.
- Further exploring my vast knowledge of geometry, creating a complex movement tray failed (the original idea was to make one that could be changed from 3x4 to 6x2 or 3 ranks to a 2 ranks, well it did not work).
This leaves me with 6 undersized cavalry trays done, one 4x3 slot infantry tray (supposedly for pike), and the ECW/TYW artillery pieces assembled and undercoated. Weather sucks and I'm in a bad mood after all of this.