Sep 6, 2011

Bases and WTB list

Coming up with a plan of increasing the numbers of my 1/72s for the Jackewline Wars, it seemed necessary to count how many bases I have. My quite newbie experiences made me to use very simple ones: change coins with plasticine. By far it proved to be enough - also, the coins can be changed and reused multiple times. At the moment I'm using three types of coins (all Hungarian Forints): 2, 5 and 20 HUF ones (2 HUF is out of use now). The amounts:

  • 172x 5 HUF coin;
  • 88x 2 HUF coin;
  • 9x 20 HUF coin (for mounted/command figures).

Guess that's plenty enough, though I had the idea of having more. Bases themselves are quite simple: put a small piece of plasticine onto the coin, cover it with, push the base of the figure on the top, and make the surface look better with a rough paintbrush (with plastic hair; I personnaly don't wanna waste the more expensive ones to this task).



Moving on the WTB list: I've built up the Jackewline/Dorrosean armies (and other neighbouring participants) in mind, but it's gonna take an insane amount of money and paint 'til they will be finished. My final decision is to buy 5 sets:

For Jackewline armies:

  • Zvezda Polish Uhlans: Blue clans light cavalry
  • Zvezda Russian Grenadiers: Green clans elite infantry
    Zvezda Prussian Grenadiers: FNG intervention

For Dorrosean:

  • Italeri Austrian Infantry and Grenadiers: Line infantry
  • Italeri Prussian Cuirassiers (may be not in stock) / Zvezda Russian Cuirassiers: Heavy cavalry

Also, if I manage to buy the prussian grenadiers, I'll convert my Airfix 1776 British grenadiers to Dorrosean chasseurs (oh my gosh, it's a 10yr old set), so the actual forces will be quite equal.

Besides these, most of my figures need repainting, so I'm going to have some entertainment 'til finishing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment