Sep 26, 2024

Bloody Pike and Shot


I was very excited when Bloody Miniatures announced their rank and file figures. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Warlord plastic foot figures, but they just lack variability. Larger pike and shot regiments are economically feasible by using plastics, that's for sure.

Anyway, here's the first dozen painted of that line, with a few Looters and Pikemen en Mélée mixed between them. Some have Empress wire pikes. There is an experimental casualty marker included, which I produced by taking a press mould copy of one of the figure's backs, its front side is entirely featureless. The base accepts a 14mm six-sided die to show the casualty score.



They are painted as Swedish troops and are intended mostly to fight in continental conflicts, the TYW and the invasion of Poland-Lithuania. Gradually I'd like to complement my collection of Western European troops with some eastern ones, of course including some Polish Husaria.

I sort of cheated as my intention is to have eight or four foot and three horse per unit for my Pikeman's Lament games, but I'm used to painting in batches of six, so the remainder shall follow.


After this batch the Warlord figures arrived and I spent a weekend assembling and priming them, and since then their bases had also arrived from MKZ Games, so I should start churning out more painted troops soon.

4 comments:

  1. So good! A big fan of Bloody Miniatures myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, they produce some top notch figures I think.

      Delete
  2. They look great, Bloody miniatures always do, they're so full of life.

    ReplyDelete