Nov 26, 2020

Some Rivadavias


One of my Imagi-Nations is the Noble Republic of Quisobia, which is somewhat analogous to Spain. I intend to feature this nation in my naval games, but we all know that the Spanish navy, WW1 era was not really a thing to be reckoned with, especially considering battleships. So, without trying to offend anyone, some guests will appear on the scene - the larger South American battleships, the first pair being the Rivadavia class of Argentina.

Confound me but I have a weak spot for cage masts, and these look like formidable vessels. It was easy to build them, the trick being not to think much about detail. For the cage masts, I cut out a flat triangular piece of paper, and soaking it in PVA, I rolled it on the bottom of a length of toothpick. This yields the concave shape many commercial model making companies fail to deliver. Of course if you go over anything but 1/2000 scale, the results may vary.

Quisobian engineers designed these large battleships as a response to the Frieglander Großlinienschiffe (the Nassau- and Helgoland-classes), but the arms race continues with the Kaisers...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment