Jan 10, 2020

Organizing Ship Plans


I have so many blueprints I have to move them to a thicker folder/case. This is how it works.

When I become interested in one ship or another, I search for its measures and blueprint. I scale the blueprint to 1/1000 and 1/2000 scale, the larger is for reference, the smaller for use as a template. I usually make two or three printed copies of the same image to have them in stock for later use. 

First I began organizing the folder by preference: the ships I would have preferred doing next were at the fore and the ships completed at the rear. However, things got muddled up and it was in no way effective.

My new system is organizing the plans by country of origin (alphabetic), ship type, and ship/class name (alphabetic). 
Countries so far include: Argentina, Austria-Hungary, Britain, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain, United States.
Ship types, in order of appearance are: battleships, battlecruisers, cruisers (no smaller craft or carriers are included yet).
Citing all the ship names would be a lengthy procedure, but you might get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment