Apr 4, 2019

Perry Men-at-Arms #2


Here's three more figs from the Perry set, this time the horses have Gothic armor as well. I chose to paint with sub-assemblies, the horse, the armor and the riders were separately done and this produced a nice clean effect. The armor is also somewhat darker than the previous batch, but I think it looks cool.





The horse armor has a very light blue wash again, the riders themselves have a black and brown shade but it's less visible than on the previous ones. I painted the armor pieces and riders on bamboo sticks before the final assembly. This helped with the flow of the washes as well.


This time I added ballast to the bases after they were coated with a dark brown color, and sprinkled white sand between the tiny rocks.


This is a very heroic pose and I like the look of these sallets as well.

I'm going to be abroad for the weekend and I did not prepare any more posts, I might just squeeze in some light cavalry for Sunday afternoon.

2 comments: