Aug 13, 2015

Revell British Rifles as the 95th


These were painted up earlier as Imagi-Nation troops, but this way their use has been doubled. They can still be part of a fictional army, or fulfill their intended purpose as British riflemen. I've painted them in the all-green of the 95th regiment. These nine troops could form a side for SDS, or be placed on the field as skirmisher markers for Lasalle, and so on.




The figures are rather soft plastic and I did not bother much with trimming. I have painted them using a white primer, VMC Luftwaffe green glaze, a dark grey for boots and other accessories. I was sparse with highlighting the green and black uniforms after the layer of shade so they remained pretty dark as intended.


Now the problem is that my French figures wear yellow epaulettes as they are South Americans... They could be voltigeurs as the figures originally are, but they're missing the plumes. I have some painted up in Kleve-Berg colors, which, with a sleight of hand, could be Westphalians and fight the British in the Peninsula. Well, it'll get sorted.

8 comments:

  1. I don't think the lack of plumes for the voltigeurs would be an issue. As far as I know such decorative items had been in use only for parade, not on the field of battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's reassuring, although for the best of the Empire there would be not much of a difference between parade grounds and battlefields :)

      Delete
  2. Nice job András! This is one of my favourite units, thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! Their uniform is pretty cool. I should be doing more Brits for Lasalle (I have over 90 Highlanders) but there is no French figures to fight them.

      Delete
  3. Very cool looking Rifles, Andras.

    ReplyDelete