Not much happened here lately, still no news on the job I applied for, it's damn killing me. Will play another session of my homegrown ruleset, this time the conflict will revel around the castle keep I built earlier and the knights will have to defend it against Norse raiders (and a slap to historical accuracy)!
Finished the movement trays for the Volyhnian pike and musket. I must build a third to include the command figs (with larger individual bases). The round-holes get messed up easily so there was a lot of filing and cutting until a coin could fit in every each.
First ten pikemen, a dip and basing and they'll be finished. Lovely figs but they're huge for 1/72, even compared to the Revell Swedes.
Here goes a welcome to Monty, thanks for following!
Second batch, ten again (one to be wounded on the command tray as he lost his arm). I ran out of the 'stripping agent' drain cleaner at the last time so that needs a replacement too if I want to repaint the musketeers.
Built this cardboard Roman helmet (no glue, just staplers... Maybe a can of silver airbrush will solve the problems with the look).
This has given me an idea of making a 'lobster helmet' of cardboard as steel ones are expensive as hell, I've recently found a way how to stitch (literally 'sew') the cardboard parts together while working on a target shield to go with my backsword... But I'll need to eat more pizza to provision myself with boxes!