May 17, 2013

Requiescat

My grandfather called my dad in the morning to tell him his mother - my grandmother - died. She was 74, which is a venerable age, but for the last two or three years her mental health was declining very fast and in the end she was just lying in her bed. She's been a school teacher and a very patient, religious woman. I'm trying to recollect all those good moments we had together now, then I'm off drinking to her memory.

We stop these times a little and wonder, remember and then move on, for that is the order of things. I have a few posts prepared but I won't be posting this week or the first part of the next. I have exams and studies which will require the last bits of self-control and attention.

Also I usually keep these things to myself until I work it up and get over it, but this time it had to be done.

12 comments:

  1. My sincere condolences to you and your family, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for you and your family...
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences Andras I wish you and your Family well at this sad time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sincere condolences Andras. Loosing a loved one, even after a long illness, is still a shock and takes time to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest sympathies to you and your family, take as long as you need, we will all be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee, Michael, thank you for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences, Andras. That is very tough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Condolences Andràs.

    Marzio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my sincerest condolences. I hope that she is happy now wherever she is. and that those happy memories with her stay with you forever.

    my last surviving Grandmother passed away in 2007 no warning for us out in New Zealand. we all know that pain and are here for you. Tears help, if they come let them flow. pain comes first but then the happiness of their memory comes and lightens up the hole they have left.

    once more my condolences

    ReplyDelete